So it’s been a while…and Paul Evan has grown up a lot! Sometimes I just stare at him and try to find the baby-like qualities or mannerisms in him. There are none. And it’s even sad to say, we’re trying to stop most. Here’s why:
Paul Evan joined soccer. His first sport. And it wasn’t easy. The first day of practice, he tripped over the ball, cried and didn’t want to play anymore. He kept crying, “Owie owie owie!” and complaining about his “boo-boo” hurting and him needing a band aid.
The second day, even before soccer started, he was playing with the kids and got knocked down. That was the end of that.
The third practice (which was supposed to be his first game so Grandma Montez was there), he hurt himself again, cried, sat on bleachers refusing to go back out there. Grandma Montez was telling him, “I’m going to leave. I came here to see you play.” So she “left”. Now Pea is stomping on the ground and crying, “I want grandma!” That was the end of that. I got that on video.
Paul volunteered to coach his team so now, we’re both frustrated and questioning whether Paul should’ve volunteered to coach in the first place. After each FAIL! practice, we kept telling him, “What happens when you fall down?? Shake it off! What happens if you don’t get to the ball first? Keep going! It doesn’t matter if you make a goal, we just want to see you play and Mama and Dada will be proud of you anyway!”
So his first game rolls around and Paul Evan did WONDERFUL! He fell, he got hurt, he got up and kept playing! I was super excited to see my boy out there! I could hardly keep quiet. Got that on video, too. It was definitely a Proud Mama Moment. Second, third, fourth game….he was getting better and better and better! He was making us laugh and when he wasn’t doing that he was out there - right by the ball!

In these pictures...yes you see baby brother! He was given the opportunity to play right by big brother too! It was a GREAT saturday game! Although his team didn't win...PAUL EVAN SCORED THE ONLY GOAL!!!! That's my boy! Soccer stars!


No comments:
Post a Comment